Flight delay compensation Thomson TUI
Flight delay compensation Thompson (TUI) - delays and cancellations - http://flightdelayscompensationclaim.co.uk/
If you’ve had a bad holiday with Thomson Airways or TUI and this was as a result of delays or flight cancellations, you may be entitled to flight compensation. You may have been offered a voucher for any inconvenience, but in addition to this you may be entitled to up to €600 compensation per person in your party.
Flight compensation in the UK can be made for Thomson (TUI) flights in the last 6 years. When Brexit finally happens, the way flight compensation works will change. However, it’s likely that the UK will adopt the EU regulation 261/2004 and the compensation will remain.
It’s likely that flight compensation will continue after Brexit, but after the two year separation period, or when the politicians sort this out, the new flight compensation will be dealt with under UK legislation instead.
If your Thomson (TUI) flight was either cancelled or delayed and this happened within the last 6 years, plus the delay or cancellation was the fault of Thomson, flight compensation may be claimed if you satisfy the current rules set out in EU regulation 261/2004.
Making a successful compensation claim from Thomson for delayed flight or for a cancelled flight, you need to satisfy the following conditions and rules::
- The flight was in the last 6 years.
- The flight must have departed from any UK airport, or the flights must have arrived to any UK airport.
- The delay must be the fault of Thomson Airways. This includes technical faults on the aircraft, crew sickness or lateness. The fault of the airline do not include bad weather (except in certain circumstances where the bad weather affected the inbound flight, which cause your flight to be cancelled), volcanic eruptions, strikes or political unrest.
- The amount of your flight compensation claim is also affected by the distance travelled with Thomson. Where it relates to a cancelled flight, the amount of delay you suffer with the replacement flight. Which can be anything up to €600 (or £530*) per person. So if you had two people in your party, that would mean you can claim up to €1,200 (£1,060*) in total.
Additional rules for Thomson cancellations:
- Thomson must have notified you of the cancellation within 14 days or less of the departure date of the flight.
- The amount you can claim then depends on the amount of notice you were given by Thomson for the cancellation prior to your departure date (i.e. it must be 14 days or less). This can be up to €600 per passenger.
Additional rules for delays
- The Thomson delay must be more than 3 hours. The delay relates to the arrival of the flight, which is deemed to be when the plane doors are first opened.
To find out more about how you can claim for EU flight compensation from Thomson Airways for delays or cancellations, please follow the link below. The claim requires a flight compensation letter to be written to Thomson Airways with supporting evidence. To find the Thomson’s address or contact number, this is best found on their website.
Although the Thomson Airways (TUI) refund policy will not affect your flight compensation rights, it may be worth reading this too. You can always speak with their customer relations team to discuss their claim form where you are making the claim yourself.
Here’s a link to Thomson flight delays forum - http://flightdelayscompensationclaim.co.uk/flight-compensation-forum/?view=forum&id=3
For your free flight compensation letter template and free flight claims flowchart - Flight delay compensation Thompson - http://flightdelayscompensationclaim.co.uk/
* The Thomson flight cancellation amount you receive in UK Sterling will depend on the exchange rate at the time between UK Pounds and Euros.
Please give this video on ‘Flight delay compensation Thompson’ the thumbs up or if you have any questions please comment below. Also, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.